Thursday 7 June 2012

Out and aboutness

Greetings

Well the rain has stopped at last!  Got out and about and harvested a load of.....Turnips! Yep I'm long on turnips and can pay off a little of my debt to Ross.  My peas are doing great and I think I'm in for as great crop......together with beans beans beans and more beans. I feel I'm also going to be long on......beans! Oh and I've just put out my dwarf.....beans. Rhubarb is almost ready to take and my Maris .....well they do have a touch of blight but with only 2 weeks til optimum harvesting time I'm pretty hopeful.Carrots aren't looking too bad so fingers crossed on that front. Onions , shallots and garlic are doing fine as are all things squashy. The rest of the spuds though are rubbish....blight again.

Meanwhile in the greenhouse I've had a couple of lettuce. Hurrah! Toms are good and the ones Pete gave me have sets on and all are healthy and bright! Peppers are comming along as well as cucumbers.

Now then I'll have to start planning for later....must refer to my Bible and see what I should be doing.

More rain forecast :( but on the bright side after rain there will be sun :)

Keep enjoying

Abitot

No comments:

Post a Comment