Wednesday 19 November 2014

Oh Woe is me!

Greetings Faithful Followers of Shallotment!
I jest ....all is not woeful but I have sadly been very much neglecting you. I have no excuse save general laziness which I much regret as I should be entertaining you with all my adventures.

So to give you all a little Summer update the results are......
Strawberries....a few handfulls
Onions.....plentiful and huge!
Broad beans.....fair crop.
Beets....pretty fantastic. Got plenty pickled.
Runner beans.....pretty poor!
Squashes....non existant.
Courgettes.....fabulous.
Kale.....great.
Chard....great.
Rhubarb......brilliant.
Glads and daliahs ......great.
Tomatoes.....tomtastic.
Chillies....disappointing.
Melon.....one the size of a tangerine! (but perfect!)

Plot improvements....slab path down the middle with a super willow archway!

Generating a nice compost in the compost dalek!

Need to really sus my water capture this year.....been rather lax and need to get things sorted.

The Wife has joined the RHS and we're off to Chelsea next year. FAB!

That's all for now Folks!
Keep on keeping on.
Abitot.

No comments:

Post a Comment