Sunday 20 May 2012

French Mist

Greetings!

Well it's French Misting again! Of course for those of you that don't already know it never rains in Sunny Jersey...but we occasionally get French Mist...ie the cloudy wet stuff that comes from France....no French Shalloteer Followers so I'm OK there! I know its good for Ducks and all but I want some real sun to make my spuds grow and not live in fear of Blight. Also it's not very nice being out in the wet. Strange but true.

Now then ...I bought myself a fandangled breadmaker the other day.....and I did what it said on the tin and yes it did produce a lump of bready looking rocky stuff. In fact it looked quite ugly...but despite its hideous looks I have been able to eat it...just. So success....to a certain degree. So today I decided to hand make a loaf to the same recepie. Well so far it looks great! It's currently resting whilst waiting to rise. But by being able to hand shape it it looks like it'll be a nice looking round shaped loaf. I'm getting all excited. I'm not very good at the waiting around bit though....grrrr.

Still angsting over The Jaloppy....she's becoming a liability....sorry old girl I know I'm not being very loyal but unless you sort yourself out you'll not be long for this world....shortly followed by Pip's trailer which seems to be on it's last legs too! So I'm in the market for new old reliable wheels....free if pos....hahahahah! Sorry I had to laugh on your behalf but hey the Jaloppy was free so there might be another kind soul out there who could help me out in exchange for veg! One lives in hope.

Despite the mist I'll have to pop up to the Plot to visit the greenhouse to do the watering still.

Keep enjoying

Abitot.

No comments:

Post a Comment