Monday 16 July 2012

Seemingly unnatural....

Greetings.

It appears that things have taken a turn....for the better....at last! It's beautiful today and so have been very busy on the Plot. I feel like Sir Galahad as I have fought the good fight against evil....weeds!. I now have a huge pile of them wilting away. I tidied up my strawberries and was rewarded with one remaining beauty. I then harvested all my onions which have done brilliantly and are now drying out in the shed.I'm now taking courgettes which are small and sweet. I dug up the rest of my Maris Pipers and got a big bagfull. A little disappointing - plenty of spuds but no real size. Finished the peas and now waiting on the beans. Spinach is ready and have taken some for tonight. Squashes are looking mighty fine but my toms have blight so I'm going to loose my outdoor ones. I just hope my greenhouse toms will be ok as I have lots of fruit. Hopefully this bit of sun will stay long enough to start ripening them off. Chillies and peppers not doing much yet and cucumbers are a washout. Glads doing well and even the Daliahs are begining to flower.

So all in all a brilliant day. Now I've got lots of patches to fill.....

Keep on enjoying

Abitot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment