Monday 21 April 2014

Busy busy!

Greetings!
Much been doing! Since our last posting it's been growing great.
Toms have been transplanted in the greenhouse. I have sown sweet corn , beets, kale, courgettes,melons,peas and beans. Peppers and chillies haven't done much so will be re seeding. Currant cuttings have taken well. All looking very tidy.
Outside on the Plot....been cropping rhubarb....about 20 lbs so far. New potatoes in and growing nicely......got four rows with only a couple of misses. Strawberry patch weeded and looking good...a few flowers but hopefully should get a fairly good crop. Broad beans planted out as are about 100 onions. Planted out my asparagus plants....thought I was doing the right thing by planting them in a mound......then I watched a you tube clip and next year I'll be doing it properly!
More digging done and more beets, swedes  and chard sown.
So two thirds of the Plot under cultivation with one third to go.  Have me a plan for my runners ...I'm going to raise my trellis on four corners like a kind of gazebo and run them up bamboos .....should be great.
The weathers been pretty good all round...sunny in the main with a bit of rain to keep the dust down.
At home the fence is slowly changing colour.....
That's it!
Keep on enjoying!
Abitot

No comments:

Post a Comment