Sunday 22 April 2012

Update

Greetings

Well what a week - Boxwood sold out. Puts a few quid to lotment expences so I'm quite pleased with myself. Just need to do it another three times and the Plot is paid for the year. Gotta source more product. Wood...it doesn't grow on trees..oh...yes it does!

There's been a lot  of water this week and more forecast. Good! Been quite lucky this weekend though as it's been quite nice! Pip gave me a small bag of maincrop...alto something or othrers. Gone straight in. And he's given me some raspberries! Also on the plus side I've got me some butternut squashes ( from car boot) and a couple of pumpkins also from Pip again. And having given a trailer load of horse to Peter I got two plum tomato plants. Result all round.

Done yet more digging as  I've decided to dig up the central path...grass doesn't belong on an allotment!

Out on the plot things growing well especially the turnips. Gonna thin them out and replant. Strawberries are flowering and begining to set. Brill. The only other disappointment ( apart from the darn spuds) are my runners - put them out too early and they got burnt. Luckilly I've plenty more. My neighbours were putting theirs out  so I'll try again next week.

It's all good.  Catch you all later. (forgot the camera so pickies next week)
Abetot.

No comments:

Post a Comment