Saturday 12 January 2013

Extraordinarily.....

SUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings.

You just don't know how happy I am! It has been sunny all day and even with a banging hangover it's been brilliant.

I've finished moving the muck pile onto the plot and have been digging in all day. Muck pile area now has  a more substantial retaining board to keep the pile off the side of the greenhouse and is now ready ro receive yet more muck. It's like the Circle of  Life.

The Plot is now almost 1/3rd dug. The 300 (onions) are doing fine down the bottom end and my rhubarb is showing. I gave them a layer of muck so hopefully the'll do ok.

No joke...last three tomatoes from the greenhouse. All done now and so it starts again. My neighbour Pip has already sowed broad beans and peas and has even put his beans out. A little early methinks as cold is forecast but snooze you loose. So I have sowed too. Peas to start. But I will be doing as last year and sowing the month before the packet says. After all we are Jersey and we are sub-tropical!

Looking forward to tomorrow ...so I can continue doing it all again!

Hope you've all been out and about too.

Abitot

No comments:

Post a Comment