Sunday 20 January 2013

That's all.....

.....for this weekend.

Greetings.

Well, our staycation has been.....epic! Not really. It's been pretty much like any other but with snow and looking out of my window now ...no snow. Put it to good use though and have redecorated the downstaits privy and purchased paint for the kitchen. Paint for that is still in the tin as I have run out of steam. I may put my mind to it during the week. And it's not just any old paint....oh no. It is Farrow and Ball  "Elephant's Breath" posh stuff and at £65 it had better be!

Now..onto the business of gardening!.....or lack of it. As we all know not a lot happens in January unless you live in Asia or somewhere nice an' Tropical! I have a copy of Allotment month by month by Alan Buckingham. It's dead good for a rank amateur like me and funnilly enough takes you through each month step by step. It's my Bible. This month it tells you to chill, relax and sleep. Only joking. There's still plenty to do....mostly shoveling muck and the like. Got me some more seeds.... broad beans (which I'd forgotton to order) and some golden beetroot. Narce!

Fingers crossed that all will be OK for next Friday!

Abitot.

No comments:

Post a Comment