Saturday 11 May 2013

Slabtastic!

Geetings.

Great pick from Pat, bloke from work, a shed load of slabs....well about 60 actually. And a little wheelbarrow....and two spades...and two forks.....and a rake.....and a hedgetrimmer! A few bottles of vino in exchange. Fantastic!

So what have I done with them all? Well I've put them to good use tidying up the nettle patch in front of the shed....and I was able to use half the weed pile infilling. I've also finished slabbing in front of the greenhouse....ok so it's not perfectly alligned or indeed flat exactly....it's an allotment for God's sake not Chelsea! Anyway it's 100% better than before.

Have I mentioned....courgettes out, more beets out, dwarf French beans out and a load more Icebergs out? Well they are together with a fine row of Hollyhocks.Fab.

Weed pile ....diminishing. Fab.

In the greenhouse...more potting on. Cucamellons and asparagus. Toms are coming along and my giant pumpkins which I'm a little frightened of putting out as A) I dont have much room left and B) refer to A.

A bit breezy at the mo but dry (apart from a little rain overnight) and overall quite nice. A bit concerned as my water tank is emptying rapidly! Looking for a new watter butt.....

Rhubarb....'nuff said.

Ladies back on....up to 3 a day...just need one more. Reprieve!

Enjoying Keeping On.

Abitot.

No comments:

Post a Comment