Wednesday 25 January 2012

Brambleing on....

Ah ha! Back again? Yesterday I mentioned water and kettles...thats the next best thing after a Steve and a Pip because said kettle was a prezzie from Jane ( Steve's missus - he's brill eh?) and now I can brew up after some digging. Very pleasant once one's learnt that when the gas runs low not so much heat is generated and the kettle will never boil. The thing about water is that on our Plot we have none which poses quite a problem as you, dear reader, can imagine. Last year prior to the Peter problem I was filling up recycled pop bottles and carrying them from home. Rather inconvenient. Now most allotploteers have very large water containers 1000lts so I must source me one or two. The next problem will be how to fill them as we get so little rain here in Sunny Jersey eh!

Now then ....vraic or plastic? Vraic being Jerri for seaweed and plastic being...well I won't insult your intelligence.I'm keen on vraic it being the true Jersey way , organic and all things good and free. Oh I didn't tell you but the Plot is about ohhh how far?.....about 100m from the sea. Indeed ( I love that word)  I've a lovely view. But we are well past vraicing time (September  is best) and my spuds are in so I'm going to bow and take the plastic.Well at least I'm not putting any chemicals on them. It'll keep them nice and warm and toastie.

I bust my spade the other day - devastated! then again I've got a new dibber. Every cloud..... So I had to go buy me a new one and ,bi cri ,have I got me a nice new shiney one. Yes ind... well you get the picture.
But Sod's Law what should happen? That very night I'd invited Pip and his good lady wife for Duck Night...long story shory Pip had given us some duck foie gras and some confit and some neck(I think) from France so I thought it would be good to have a fancy dinner. He bought me a present - wrapped and all - and yep you've guessed it ..not only a spade but the very same as I'd just bought. I got me two now!

Nah the nights are drawing out we'll all soon to be spending more time art and abart on our Plots. Ah can't wait !(Note Jersey accent - I'll be teaching you some more along the way but in the meantime try using a South African accent and you're almost there) But for now I 'll spend ny time brambleing on.....any ideas how much  an iron bath is for scrap?

Abetot as we say in Jerri.

No comments:

Post a Comment