Tuesday 24 January 2012

Shallot more......

Greetings followers! Well not much has happened overnight - as it usually doesn't and I do have a day job. Of course I have months of catching up to do so I will regale you with yet more Woe. Unfortunately we in Jersey are not excempt from wind...no no not that type but Force 8 stuff blowing in from the West. And lo and behold on my attendance at the Plot , or the Farm as Pip likes to call it, a mini disaster has become me. Glass everywhere and two panes out of my greenhouse. Oh well not a huge problem and my fault for not putting enough clippy things in.

Christmas was lovely this year - I got books and books about allotments. Marvelous. But they mostly cover the same thing in the same way. Don't worry Allotmentalists for Bob will put this right by telling you how it really is! So far pretty disappointing if truth be told but chins up Spring is comming yes indeed!

 But fyi it already has - Daffs in December? Yep in our temperate climate the daffs and Springy flowers appeared just before Christmas. Mad eh or what? Or is this a bad omen? Are they all confused? Does this mean things will be all head over bottom this year? I hope not. I'm looking forward to sowing my seeds and all being well. Well with such a bad start and things happening in threes my bad luck must be due a turnabout. The Winds of Time will Tell.

I have also no doubt done a Cardinal Sin. I suspect that no end of Confessions will not solve my problem. I thought manure was good! So good that I have been collecting it religiously every week from Brenda's field and spreading it thickly over half of the Plot. And when I say thick I mean it! I thought it must be good. And its free stuff too. But those older and wiser advise that I have gone mad and am storing up trouble. Acid soil and green manure = not good. But on the flip side it will be well rotted by next year and as good as rocket fuel! I just don't know.  Bad or Good ....the jury's out.

Well people I've run dry...and that's another problem....water but more of that another time and kettles - please remind me to mention it. Keep following followers.
Abetot as we say in Jerri!

No comments:

Post a Comment