Sunday 29 January 2012

Sunday.........

Greetings Allotmemteers! or as we say in Jerri...ahhrriightt ma cocqs!
Day two of the weekend and more jobs to do - off to the dump to recycle papers plastics and rusty bits of metal followed by bottle filling in readyness for the Summer drought. On the Plot and yet more digging and preparing. The bath is now upright and I have very nearly finished digging the bottom section. Only one more pallet board fence pannel to fix and we'll be done. I also started putting in my plyboard fence along the border with Olly.  The old chain link  has seen better days and as we know it's not Peter proof. Its dug in a good foot and a half and lined with some thick plastic sheeting hopefully to prevent it rotting too quickly. Time will tell. At least it will deter varmits and once stained up I think it will add a certain something although I know not what.

My maincrop Maris Pipers have arrived and have started to chit already. So I've stood them up in a tray and left them in the shed. Now the piece of paper says plant in May (I think) but whatever it says I'm going to put them in a month earlier cos as we know little Jersey is much different than everywhere else.

The greenhouse is looking brilliant and starting to be the little plant generator that's its designed to be. Did I tell you that I've got shelves (made by Steve - who else?) that can take 1200 seedlings? Chuffing great! I'm going to put my peas in next weekend.

The only real drawback so far is permament tennis elbow.Perhaps when I stop digging it'll recover. It is very sore! I thought that the Great Outdoors was meant to be good for you!

Well that's it for this week readers. Catch you next week.

Abetot for now as we say in Jerri.

No comments:

Post a Comment