Sunday 19 February 2012

Spring sowing....

Greetings Shallot Folk!
It seems like Spring! Warm, sunny...crikey its almost Summer! Yesterday it was a bit wet but I got rid of the bath with Steve's help. We had a smashing time and within minutes it was but shards.  Sowed some chillies and have three varieties in. Today I got the bath dumped and finished off the fence....well almost ...just need to close off the corner to critter proof it. Planted the wifes bulbs - a load of Glads (along the fence)  and some Daliahs (in front of the shed). She's got some other things but I need to soak them and have yet to decide where they're going to go. All in all the plot will look quite pretty in the Summer. It's all comming along very nicely. I know ... I keep saying that but it really is! I've only got the bonfire patch to sort and to finish the  anti Peter fence on the Eastern border. And then theres the fruit cage to build....Steve is aware of the job and seems quite keen to get stuck in . Im toying with a moveable cage but then most fruits once in stay in so maybe static is the best. Olly came up trumps as I mentioned the price of netting. He's only got a roll of the stuff about two miles long! Top Shalloting!!
With all my free wood I might just cover the whole plot.

Also bought me a new thing. It's a hoe with three prongs - great for breaking up the soil and wait....turn it over and its a push pull hoe too. Two for one! Result.

The weather man reckons that it's going to hit 18 by the end of the week and what with the days getting longer I'll soon be out and about after work watching my world grow. I can't wait!

I don't know if any of my rambleings are helping anyone out there but if they are I'm glad. Share the Joy!

Abetot as we say in Jerri.

No comments:

Post a Comment