Saturday 4 February 2012

It's the WEEKEND!!!!

Greetings Shallotmentalists!

Yes it's here! and we love the weekends don't we? Yes we do!

Its been a beautiful day - clear skys - sunny - warm!!!!! Yes people believe it! I can't believe that they've predicted snow for tonight. I laugh in the face of snow although it has been pretty cold all week. I went and did the poo run this morning and the horses water barrel had an inch of ice on it. That's cold for us folks yes indeedie!

On arrival at the Plot poo pretty frozen too. And the ground too so for the first time in absolutely ages I didn't do any digging. Pretty releived really as I still have a sore arm which needs some time to recover. Needless to say I haven't been lazy as I put the word out last week that I was after stuff. You know any stuff that migtht be useful on the Plot. And the freeer the better! Well my mates haven't let me down. Paul has given me a 5 gallon water can but as a little surprise there was a spade waiting too. Well not just any old spade ( to the uninitiated maybe)  but a Jersey Spade. I'm made up. She's a bit rusty and needs a good oil but when I'm done she will be a thing of beauty. For those who don't know ( or probably care) she has a nice wide face and a T handle. Perfect!

And the good times just keep on rolling.... Bob came up trumps with a shed full of wood. I got three trailers worth  1x1, 2x2, 4x1, 4x2 and countless other bits and pieces but he kept hidden the best til last when we uncovered six 10' lengths of 2 x 2. Perfect for a fruit cage. Overjoyed! All I need now is an old fishing net and I'm sorted.

And finally....ta ta tata ta tarrrr.....a Grappin! As every Crappaud knows ,an implement celebrated and feted, envied and coveted and worth it's weight in Gold! A special four fingered rake used to gather the Vraic. My joy knows no bounds!!!!!!!

I'm quite overcome. It's been a wonderful day. Can't wait til tomorrow.

Abetot  for now as we say in Jerri.

No comments:

Post a Comment