Monday 19 March 2012

Mon.....

Greetings.

Welcome Cape Town! Yes we have hit the Southern Hemisphere. We are Global.

Yet another beautiful day and just a quick trip to the Plot to check up on things. It was quite a cold night last night so I was a little worried about frost on my spuds and newly planted out beans. But worry ye not ....all is well.

Pip gave me a bag of peas  as he "had too many" the other day. Pip man you're missing a trick....salad shoots. Plant them thickly in a pot and once  up  you've got salad ! Thanks to The Bible for this handy hint. Still a little bitter over my spuds...about a third are not showing.Pah! Rhubarb going great though.

We like peas and apart from spuds that is our staple vegtable and together with onions  thats all I really need. So I put another 100 peas in  to ensure a chance of a good crop. They'll be in the freezer faster than Bird's Eye!

KeepDoingTheDo

Abetot

No comments:

Post a Comment