Saturday 3 March 2012

Saturday

Greetings Weekend Warriors!

What a day. Dead worried as it rained last night and I thought the weekend would be a washout but oh how wrong. It's beautiful! However....still can't fire up the Jaloppy which means the poo truck will be full and I've no way of empying it as Pip is away.  I could ask Steve but he's very particular about his van and I know he wouldn't take it into a muddy field. So for now I'm stuck.

Meanwhile back on the Plot...peas and beans shooting well. Rhubarb recovering nicely. Strawberies kinda dormant. Garlic up about six inches. Shallots coming along. Onions still hiding. Spuds showing but sem to be very slow...my neighbour's are much better than mine and I put mine in ages before. I just don't rightly know! 

Sowed Spring Onions , carrots, beetroot and turnips. Planted some Ranicullus or  something of similar sounding letters for the wife. The old Plot will look blooming lovely when they all come up. After all a plot is not just  for veg.

Have to get on and finish Peter proofing the fence or else they'll have all my new shootings. I know they won't come up overnight but I soon won't have time to do major works as there will be too much to do - weeding and watering and the like.

Keep on enjoying what you enjoy!

Abetot for now as we say in Jerri!

No comments:

Post a Comment